Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Greatful!

I know Thanksgiving is approaching, and I have SO much to be greatful for. But today something hit me and made me think twice at just how blessed we are. I take a lot of little things for granted, things that may be simple, everyday things. First of all, Brandon and I are so blessed to have such incredible parents. Last week I was saying that I needed to go buy Brinlee a new coat, she is growing like a weed, and my dad said he would like to buy them new coats. With Christmas fast approaching I was extremely greatful and blessed when him and my mom came and got Brinlee and went coat shopping. She got to pick out a really nice coat and one for her sister who was home sick. They will be super warm this winter. I can't thank them enough. But today Brinlee was telling me at breakfast that there was a little girl in her class that doesn't have a coat and freezes at recess. It was really bothering her, because she told me a couple of times how sad it made her. Well all through out the day I couldn't get this little girl out of my mind. So I emailed her teacher to see if it was a money problem or if she just wasn't wearing one. Her teacher responded that she thought is was money, but had put in a request to get her one for Christmas through the school. We definitely will help her out this year, another month is too long to wait to be warm. But I just wanted to say how greatful I am for everything we have. I feel so blessed, and that is why I am crying here at my computer. I am greatful for the warm coats my girls have, and for the gospel and the promptings you receive even if it's through a five year old little girl. I love her SO much and am greatful for the sweet and thoughtful little girl she is.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is precious! Such a thoughtful little girl.

Amy Marble said...

She is a sweetheart! Our kids really are amazing examples!! We do have a lot to be thankful for!

Matt & Katie said...

well now I am crying at my computer. Brin is such a sweetie. We do have so much to be grateful for and my incredible family is #1 on the list! I love that we live so close now!